The mobile big bag discharging and bulk truck loading system
Many various bulk solids handling industries store and transport dry bulk materials from one location to another during handling processes. These dry bulk materials are stored in silos, bulk bins, bulk bags, and other bulk carriers before being transported by bulk trucks. The processing/handling of dry bulk materials is a major concern in this industry, and it must be carefully regulated. Polimak has over four decades of experience in the bulk solids handling sector and offers a diverse range of mobile bulk truck loading systems for a variety of industrial applications. These mobile bulk truck loading systems include; the mobile big bag discharging and bulk truck loading system is used for efficiently discharging big bags and dust-free loading of bulk trucks, the mobile truck loading with front end loader hopper is used for effectively dumping bulk materials by wheel loaders and filling of bulk trucks and the mobile truck loading with vacuum system is used for efficiently conveying bulk materials from a specific source to bulk trucks. These three bulk loading systems have slightly similar overall configurations despite having different functioning mechanisms.
Stationary discharging and loading stations are some of the considered solutions even though the big bags’ storage location and the site of loading may not be close together. This means that the transportation (– one by one transportation) of bulk bags from their storage site to the discharging and loading site is essential for a successful operation. Huge bulk loading trucks may not be able to reach the bulk bag discharging stations or even maneuver freely within the plant in some situations. Bulk trucks and forklifts’ lack of maneuverability may cause congestion in the plant’s paths. Due to a lack of quick manoeuvrability, issues like as operational challenges, time and energy waste, and occupational safety risks may occur.
This method is not practical because it is neither cost-effective nor time-consuming. Our mobile bulk truck loading systems not only save time and money, but they also increase manoeuvrability, operator safety, and the overall environment.
The following are some of the components (– configuration) of the mobile big bag discharging and bulk truck loading system:
- The screw conveyor is used to ensure smooth bulk material transportation from the big bag discharging hopper to the bulk loading truck. Its motions (– ascending and descending movements) are powered by the screw jacks.
- The big bag discharge hopper is used for emptying big bags and transferring the bulk material to the screw conveyor. The cutting knife and the vibrating engine are some of the additional options.
- The screw jacks ensure smooth ascending and descending movements of the screw conveyor and the telescopic chute.
- The capturing of the dust created within the system during operating time is made possible by the dust collection system. After dust filtration, the clean air is passed to the atmosphere and the collected dust on the filters is passed to the screw feeder.
- The pressurised air needed to operate the dust collection system is supplied by an air compressor.
- Safe and dust-free loading of the truck is accomplished by the use of a telescopic chute also commonly known as loading bellow.
- All the components of the system are controlled by an electrical control panel.
- The entire system is mounted on a mobile chassis that permits swift and easy manoeuvrability. In this way, the system can be towed to the desired location. Swivel jacks are used to provide rigidity during the truck loading process.
The system is towed to the loading area, where it is properly positioned. The screw conveyor is raised to a suitable height (approximately 45 degrees above its initial position). The bulk truck’s inlet port is positioned directly beneath the telescopic chute to provide a precise fit between the chute’s polyurethane-coated discharging cone and the truck’s inlet port. The chute is lowered towards the truck’s roof and stops at the inlet port, at this point. The bulk bag is transported by a forklift and placed on the discharging hopper which has an integrated knife that rapidly pierces the bulk bag and the bulk bag discharge begins. In the case of a big bag having an emptying spout, an operator unties the spout for the dry bulk material discharge. The dry bulk material discharged from the big bag into the hopper is passed to the screw conveyor, which fills the bulk truck. A loading spout transports the bulk material to the truck.
During loading, dust is emitted within the system. The dust collector, which is connected to the bellow and the hopper, collects the emitted dust. With the help of the automatically regulated pulse jet valves, the dust collected on the filter units is delivered back to the hopper. When the tanker is filled, the loading stops thanks to a level sensor installed at the chute’s exit. The bulk material levels are monitored by this sensor. A few minutes after the loading operation is completed, the telescopic chute automatically retracts to its original position. This is to ensure that the dust is completely captured. Using an electrical control panel, the operator brings the system back to rest. All of the system’s components are tailored to meet the application’s requirements.
Some of the materials which can be handled by the mobile big bag discharging and bulk truck loading system iclude cement, fly ash, mining minerals, calcium carbonate, PVC, plastic pellets, plastic powders, polyethylene, ceramic powders, alumina, bentonite, bauxite, coal, cement clinker, gypsum, perlite, kaolin, limestone, marble powder, soda ash, quartz, urea, sodium sulphate, wheat, flour, animal feed, seed, corn, rice, sugar, salt etc.
Polimak’s mobile big bag discharging and bulk truck loading system offers better solutions for handling different types of materials. The system offers the following benefits;
- The perfect system for handling bulk materials in larger bags.
- It is cost-effective.
- It is less time-consuming.
- Low dust emission and no material waste.
- It offers environmental protection as well as safety for the operator.
- Appropriate for various bulk solids.
- It is safe to use.
- It offers low maintenance and is easy to clean.
One of Polimak’s successful projects concerned with the mobile bulk truck loading system came with a company from Ghana. The company was having difficulties with handling quicklime in their facility. They were trying to manually (manpower) discharge quicklime from big bags into bulk trucks by utilising overhead cranes or forklifts. Not only did this procedure produce much dust during the bulk material handling process, but it was inefficient, time-consuming, not cost-effective and posed a risky procedure to the operators. In addition to this, the bulk material storage station and the loading station were not close hence a stationary system was not a suitable system. The mobile system was their best solution.
Since they started using Polimak’s mobile big bag discharge and bulk truck loading system, they can move the system easily in the plant by towing it with a forklift to the desired location. As the system can be brought to a horizontal position for easy and safe transportation, it is possible to prevent the traffic jam caused by an excessive amount of trucks and forklifts within the facility. Because the loading bellow within the system can be moved up and down with the remote controller and can be adjusted to the height of the truck, they started adjusting the loading hole of the tanker truck. The dust collection system vacuumed the dust created in the loading hopper and the loading bellow which helped them prevent the loss of materials and have achieved dust-free loading in the end.
Our mobile bulk truck loading systems provide excellent bulk material transportation capabilities which allow efficient and safe bulk material management.
Kindly visit our websites below for more information.