Operation of Silo Control System
– The electricity of air compressor of bulk solid tanker truck is supplied by silo control system.
– Silo top air vent jet filter, silo pressure sensor, silo level sensors, pinch valve and other devices are connected to silo control system.
– Pinch valve is attached to the inlet of silo loading pipeline. It controls the flow of material to the silo.
– When the system is started, it checks the bulk solid level in the silo. If the silo is full, it does not give electricity to the bulk solid tanker truck.
– If the silo level is low, first the silo vent jet filter is operated. After that pinch valve is opened. At last electricity is supplied to tanker truck compressor.
– Silo level, and silo pressure is continuously measured during silo filling.
– If the pressure inside the silo is increased too much, the electricity supply of the tanker truck is cut. At the same time silo pressure relief valve is opened to decrease the silo pressure and alarm signal is given to the operator.
– If the tanker truck compressor receives the power supply from another source and silo loading cannot be stopped, then the pinch valve is closed automatically to stop material flow.
– After the silo is filled, the silo jet filter continues to operate for some time and stopped.
– The silo control system also controls and checks the pressurized process air required for silo vent filter and pinch valve.
– If required amount of pressurized air cannot be supplied, the system warns the user by alarm. This makes troublefree silo filling operation.
– The silo control system can also control the silo discharge process. Bulk solid in the silo can be discharged into another truck by loading bellow. It can be transferred to another silo or process equipment by screw feeders, pneumatic coneying systems or mechanical conveyors.
Advantages of Silo Filling and Discharge Control System
– It provides dust free and clean air in the region.
– It maintains silo safety.
– Safety of industrial plant is maintained.
– The bulk solid level in the silo is controlled.
– Silo overfilling is prevented by using silo level sensors.
– The operating life of silo equipment is increased.
– Silo filling time is decreased.
Components of Silo Control System
Silo Control System Operator Panel
System is controlled by an operator panel. The silo level switches, jet filters, pinch valves, tanker truck power supply, silo pressure sensor, compressed air supply, alarm conditions are checked and operated continuously. All operation parameters can be adjusted by the user. Silo operations are handled by a PLC controller.
Silo Level Switch / Sensor
Silo Pressure Relief Valve
Silo Pressure Sensor
Process Air Pressure Sensor
Bulk Tanker Truck Electricity Plug
Silo Control System Applications
– Concrete batching plants
– Gypsum production plants
– Industrial plants
– Mining plants
– Calcium carbonate, PVC, polypropylene, polyethylene filling processes
– Sand, soda, cement filling applications
– Bulk solid filling and discharging applications for wide range of industrial processes